The Barossa Valley Golf Club was previously known as the Angaston Golf Club (est. 1905) a 9 hole course situated between Nuriootpa and Angaston. In 1963 the club purchased 162 acres of land from Penfolds at Kalimna and renown golf architect Hedley Vernon Morcom was commissioned to design the current 18 hole course. Opened in June 1965 the golf course had greens installed in 1994 after irrigation proved successful in providing year round access to water in the 1980's. Surrounded by vineyards the golf course is a haven for birds and kangaroos that are a regular feature at sunrise and sunset. The course is forgiving with soft greens and lush fairways in contrast to the native scrub that leads up to Moppa Hill. The members have been the lifeblood of the Barossa Valley Golf Club, constructing a clubhouse in the 1960's and holding many family events and celebrations over the past 60 years. With a 300 strong membership the club has relied heavily upon volunteers but is also professionally run and has two (2) full time greenskeepers. The course is frequented by many city based social golf groups and holds a 3 day Open event every October. an $50 green fees.
191 Golf Course Rd, Nuriootpa SA 5355, Australia
(08) 8562 1589
Members Guest rate $28 per 18 holes 1 complimentary round per member per year