Celebrating over 65 years of excellence, Cranbourne is a Sam Berriman designed course revered for it's fantastic playing conditions and varied layout all year round.
The first hole eases you into your round with a chance for par (or better) on the short par 5, but then becomes increasingly challenging as the holes meander through our front 9 lake system. The back 9 provides a genuine Sandbelt setting, and a par finish on the 18th - the hardest hole on the course - is something to be proud of.
The four par 3's are up there with the best set of short holes in Melbourne, and the fairways are the envy of many other courses.
The Cranbourne Golf Club is recognised as one of Victoria’s outstanding golf courses, located approximately 40 kilometers southeast from the Melbourne CBD.
It is a par 72 layout of 6194m designed by architect, Sam Berriman, in the 1950’s. Berriman, who after his respected work at Huntingdale, applied his art to the creation and development of Cranbourne.
Five times British Open Champion Peter Thomson described Berriman as “An architect of rare talent" and his Cranbourne design as "a classic with this great course being worthy of any major tournament”
The course took over two years to construct and was officially opened by Syd Kaufman on April 9, 1954. The course has matured into an attractive and challenging championship golf course.
- 18 Holes, Parkland/Sandbelt style
- Par 72, 6164 Metres
- Designer Sam Berriman, opened 1953
- Santa ana fairways, Bent/Poa greens
- Full length Practice Range, 700m2 Putting Green and 360o Short Game area
- Clubhouse inc Members Lounge for before and after the round refreshments, & Function Room for large Corporate Days and celebrations
- Head to Cranbourne Golf Club and you may just run into one of the world's top amateur David Micheluzzi who is a member at the club!
- Future Golf has been partnered with Cranbourne for over 3 years and we've never had below 50 attendees!