Mt Derrimut Golf & Community club originated in 1923 on a course called “The Rock and Thistle”, located between Glengala Road and the Kororoit Creek Road in Sunshine.
The club began on 9th July, 1923 at the State Bank of Sunshine with a meeting of local business people interested in forming a golf club. Mr H.V. McKay, of Sunshine Harvester fame, was appointed the Club’s Patron, with the first elected president Mr Thacker.
The golf course at Mt Derrimut is designed by Craig Parry and Pacific Coast Design to complement the historic significance of the site. The clubhouse incorporates the farm homestead built in 1883 with many of the original buildings of the past being retained and used by the Club. The historic dry stone walls are an integral feature on the course.
The professional staff are on hand at all times to give lessons and to make all visitors feel welcome making sure they thoroughly enjoy their golfing holidays.