The Rossdale Board of Directors is always working progressively ahead with an open mind to secure long term financial security of our warm and friendly club. The club are always committed to the ongoing improvements of the club’s services across all departments and with a great culture and exciting events planned in the future it is a wonderful time to become a Rossdale Golf Club member. Rossdale Golf Club was originally formed as the Australasian Golf Club in 1926, and operated as a private club until 1929, when owing to the financial climate of that time it became a public course owned by Rupert Ross. In 1948, negotiations with the owner by a small group of regular players took place, and on 6th June 1949 Rossdale Golf Club was formed. The name Rossdale evolved from a combination of the owner’s name, Ross, and the latter part of the name of the suburb of Aspendale, where the course is situated. The original layout was reversed, and Bill Barlow the first curator, with the use of trees, bunkers, mounds, waterways, and elevated greens, developed this flat area into a well groomed, interesting and pleasant course to play. The installation of holding tanks to fully optimise the watering system, the upgrading of course drainage, course beautification, plus the redesign and enlargement of greens have been initiated as part of the club’s long term strategy. Over the years, the Clubhouse has been developed by additions and renovations making it an ideal place in which to relax after golf.
Rossdale Golf Club, Sixth Avenue, Aspendale VIC, Australia
Discounts: $45 midweek and $65 on the weekend