I’m a member of another social club/golf club which isn’t half as awesome as Future Golf. Is it possible to transfer my GolfLink details directly across, or will I have to go through the process of handing in 3 cards again?
When you join Future Golf and select a membership with Handicap, it will ask if you have ever had a handicap before and what was your previous Golflink number.
Once this is provided we can grab your previous handicap and history so you can view your previous rounds.
The other benefit is you don't need to submit 3 cards to reactivate your handicap.
Please note that when you sign up to Future Golf and choose Future Golf to manage your handicap you will receive a new Golflink card in the mail and a new Golflink handicap number and remember this new number will still include your previous handicap history. The only thing that changes is your Golflink number.
We understand handicaps are a bit confusing, if you have any issues you can email email@example.com and we will help you out.
P.S It generally only takes us 24-48 hours to set this up for you (most of the time it's even quicker).
How do I go about getting my handicap?
If you are getting a handicap for the first time, or your handicap has become inactive, we require three or more signed scorecards.
If you’ve had a handicap previously, we will transfer it using your Golf Link number and thus you will retain your playing history without needing to submit any score cards.
The details we need to be clearly visible on the cards are:
· Your name
· The score for each hole - Stroke and Stableford Points using Handicap of 36 (If you know stableford rules are here https://futuregolf.com.au/faq/stableford/)
· The date of the game
· The marker’s signature
· The name of the course
· The tees you played from
If any of these aren’t clear, write them on the card yourself before submitting.
Once complete please submit your card by logging into the member portal.
When will I get my Golf Link card?
Your card is organised directly through GolfLink. Expect to wait between 2-4 weeks for it to arrive, they obviously hand make each card and send them via carrier pigeon.
You can also see your GolfLink number and start using it immediately by checking your member portal page.
Why is my handicap so low?
A lot of people are surprised by how low their initial handicap is. The system is designed so that the golfers initial handicap is geared towards the best of their ability. It is myth that the handicap represents the scoring average but this is not the case. Statistically, an Australian golfer plays better than their handicap only once in every six rounds.
The following is a little confusing, but we thought we would include it for the die hards.
Initial handicap calculations are made from the adjusted hole scores from the best of the three submitted rounds with reference to the Scratch Rating of the course and multiplied by .93.
The GA Handicap is referenced to the Slope Rating of a Course to generate the Daily Handicap that a golfer plays from in a competition. The formula is GA H/cap x Slope Rating / 113. Hence, on a course with a slope rating of 130, a player with a GA Handicap of 15.8 will play from a Daily Handicap of 18. If you can understand this you are genius.
Here's some additional resources.
Website/Member Portal Question
I was a GenYgolf Member how do I login into this awesome website?
1. Go to www.futuregolf.com.au
2. Click Login
3. Click 'Forget Password'
4. Enter the email you signed up to GenYgolf with.
5. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password and to login.
Note - if you can't remember your the email address you used to sign up to GenYgolf contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you.
Social Rounds Question
How do I nominate and submit a social round?
Login to your member portal and find the "Submit a social round" button in the top left corner.
Here you can first nominate your round prior to playing and then use the form to submit details of your round and also a photo of your completed and signed scorecard.
Social Rounds Question
What is a social round and how does it work?
As part of your Future Golf membership you can submit unlimited social rounds.
1. To submit a social round login to your member portal.
2. Click nominate your social round. This must be done at least one day prior to tee-off.
3. You must play with at least one golfer who has an active handicap (can be from any club).
4. Calculate your daily handicap, which you can find here http://www.golflink.com.au/daily-handicap-calculator.aspx)
5. On the card you must clearly state - your name, markers name, both your GolfLink numbers, both players must sign the card, date of the round.
6. You must play the round in Stableford format (rules can be round here https://futuregolf.com.au/faq/stableford/)
7. Ensure your round is correctly marked with the correct number of Stableford points
8. Round must be played in strict accordance with the Rules of Golf
9. Login to the member portal and submit your card within three days of playing the nominated round.
Your GolfLink will be updated within 48 - 72 hrs of card being submitted.
- Ensure the rules above are followed otherwise your round may be void.
- Golf Australia does not accept international cards
Can I book carts for your events?
If a cart is not included (listed on the event page) and you’d like to use a cart, please call the golf course directly to organise this with them ahead of time at your own expense.
If I book in for an event and cannot make it, will I get my money back?
Yes, unless it is after 10pm on the Wednesday prior to the event, in which case unfortunately no credit or refund will be possible.
Can guests play in Future Golf Tour Events?
Our beloved members receive priority and discount prices to play Future Golf Tour Events, as we want our members to have the best chance to compete in ’em!
However, non-members are allowed to play in certain events, and also fill remaining tee times at a non-member price as listed on the individual events. It's a great way to bring mates or have them try out prior to joining.
That being said, only members are eligible to receive Future Golf Tour points. Guests can however win the novelty prizes for Nearest the Pin and Long Drive. Please advise us if they have a handicap and we'll add them to the daily competition. If they don't have a handicap, they can still play a social round.