About this policy
What personal information do we collect?
To provide our services to you, we may collect Personal Information which includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your:
- email address;
- contact phone number;
- business or company name;
- emergency contact details;
- payment and billing information;
We use the abovementioned information to bill you for the Services and to process your payments, including credit card details. We may also collect details of conversations we have had without or any other information relevant to us.
We also automatically collect through the Site and Services, information that is often not, of itself, personally identifiable. However, we may combine this information with the Personal Information we have collected about Customers and this may make this information Personal Information once so combined. We may collect the following personal information from you:
- The website from which you came to the Site,
- Your IP address;
- Your browser type;
- Your geolocation;
- Any other information relating to the device through which you access the Site.
We also use a third party tracking platform to track your use of the App.
We may also collect any other Personal Information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
Use & Disclosure
Personal information collected by us will generally only be used for the following purposes:
- maintaining your account and contact details;
- providing you with our products and services and processing payments;
- to enable you to access and use the Site and the App;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and other information;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting.
- to consider your employment application.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties or contractors who are integral to our business operations, our services and the benefits we provide, such as partner golf clubs and Golf Australia. We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you.
We may from time to time use personal information for another purpose where it would be reasonably expected by you or if permitted by the Privacy Act, including to effectuate or enforce a transaction, procuring advice from legal and accounting firms, auditors and other consultants.
We may also use and share aggregate or non-personally identifying information about Customers for market analysis, research, marketing or other purposes. We will not disclose, sell, share or trade your Personal Information to any third parties unless we first receive your consent.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Access & Accuracy
You can access and/or correct information we hold about you at any time by contacting us at email@example.com We encourage you to contact us to keep your Personal Information up to date.
We will respond to your request for Personal Information within a reasonable time. We reserve the right to charge an administration fee to cover the costs of responding to your request, for example, where Personal Information is held in storage.
If required by law or where the information may relate to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, we may deny your request for access to your information. We will respond to your request, setting out the reasons for our refusal in writing. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information. If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Storage & Security
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access and modification or disclosure. We use commercially reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information that we hold, including, where appropriate, password protection, encryption, and SSL to protect the Site and the App.
Despite taking appropriate measure to protect personal information used and collected by us, please be aware that no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time. We cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to us via the internet and such transmission is at your risk.
If we no longer require the use of your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify it.
Personal information may be stored electronically through third party data centres, which may be located overseas, or in physical storage at our premises or third party secure storage facilities. Personal information may also be stored on your device and may be accessible by us.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords and other account information pertaining to our Platform, apps or services.
An identifier is a unique number assigned to an individual to identify them. Identifiers include Medicare Numbers and Tax File numbers. We will not adopt as our own any identifier of you, or use or disclose an identifier of you which has been assigned by a government agency, unless permitted under the Act.
Cookies, web beacons and analytics
We may send you direct marketing emails and information about products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications will only be sent via email and in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2004 (Cth) as you consented to upon registering for our Services. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving these promotional emails, you may follow the opt-out instructions contained in any such email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails or promotions from us, we still may send you email about your account, your account or any Services you have requested or received from us, or for other customer service purposes. We do not provide your personal information to other organizations for the purposes of direct marketing.
Consent to international transfer
We may transfer your Personal Information to organisations in other countries. Recipients may include our related entities or employees, external service providers such as administration providers or information technology providers such as cloud storage and data processing. We only transfer information where we reasonably believe that the recipient is legally or contractually bound to principles that are substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles.
Changes to this policy
Complaints and Enquiries
Attn: Future Golf
GenYser Pty Ltd
44 Lakeview Dr,
Scoresby VIC 3179
or via our Support Portal