Competition Type: Match Play – Launch event
Start Time: From 7:00 AM
Start Type: Two Tee
- Players must have a valid Future Golf membership at all times during the championship
- Players must have a valid handicap to compete.
- Maximum handicap is 36 for Men and 45 for Women.
- Round 1 will be held at Future Golf launch event and matches will be picked at random
- After the launch event, brackets will be updated as results come in. You will need to organise your own round against your opponent.
- Text message will be sent with the opponent and GGID code for next round if you progress.
- Please use the Facebook clubhouse to connect to your opponent then reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot find them.
- Match must be completed by the last day of the month or earlier.
- If a round is not completed in allotted time a coin will be flipped for the winner.
- A round consists of a minimum of 18 holes. If a match is not decided after 18 holes, if the game is tied a sudden death playoff hole/s or putt off can be played.
- All matchplay rules apply per Golf Australia rules.
- Matches can be played during a Tour event where you play in the same group. (But you may not be eligible for daily prizes)
- All matches to be played based on handicaps at the time of the match, adjusted to daily handicap on that course and using the match play index, not the stroke play index on the card.
Hartfield Golf Club is an 18-hole championship course set in beautiful bushland in the Perth foothills. Not far from Forrestfield, the course offers terrific views and challenging play for golfers at every skill level.
Well-groomed fairways and greens keep Hartfield Golf Club difficult yet friendly and the greens run fast and true. Some of the holes may read relatively short on the card but the well-protected greens and tight fairways mean no hole is a ‘gimme’.
While there are several holes where you can open your shoulders and give it a smash off the tee, this is the exception rather than the rule. Hartfield is not a course you will overpower with your driver and teaches that all-important rule that accuracy is more important than distance, which is why it is a perfect choice of course on which to learn the game.